Families new to St. Cecilia Catholic School must first submit an application for admission. At the time of registration, all new students seeking admission to St. Cecilia Catholic School are evaluated on the basis of current standardized tests scores and report cards.
- Immunization records
- Health records including health history and physical examination form
- Birth certificate
- Baptismal certificate (Catholic applicants only)
- Legal name of student
- Copy of student Social Security card
- Transcript from previous school including standardized test results (if applicable)
- Parent (Guardian) name, address and phone number
- Names of persons authorized to pick up children from school
- Any court order or agreement for custody (if applicable)
- Other important items requiring discussion and documentation, record of IEP, etc.
- Testing for placement
- Agreement with parents to have a student repeat a grade or enter a grade on probation (if applicable)
A final decision on admission and placement is made by the Principal based upon the parent/student interview, receipt of records, space limitations, and the availability of an appropriate educational program.
New students to St. Cecilia Catholic School will be accepted on a trial period in which to prove himself/herself both socially and academically. If during this trial period there are any problems the School reserves the right to take one of the following actions:
- Place the student in a grade level where he/she can progress successfully.
- Require any tutoring necessary to aid the student in order to meet the grade level requirements.
- Recommend placement in another school.
ADMISSION OF HOME SCHOOL CHILDREN
Parents of children who have been home-schooled and are seeking admission into St. Cecilia Catholic School are to provide proper documentation to support evaluation and placement. That information will include, but not be limited to:
- Immunization records,
- Portfolio of student’s work,
- Report cards (if applicable),
- Recommendation from the leadership of the home school,
- Copy of curriculum used by the home school with the student,
- Grade level/subject testing results.
In addition, standardized testing or admission testing may be required. Parents may be asked to pay for testing that is administered by another agency. St. Cecilia Catholic School reserves the right to place the student in the grade or course that is deemed appropriate.
ADMISSION OF TRANSFER STUDENT
St. Cecilia Catholic School honors credits and records from all officially accredited elementary schools.
- The principal makes the appropriate grade placement based on relevant information including the recommendation of the previous school.
- The transfer from another Catholic School is contingent on meeting all withdrawal requirements at the previous school and completing the entrance requirements of St. Cecilia Catholic School.